Sunday, August 17, 2008

20 Years...

So last night we attended my 20-year high school reunion.

I was pleasantly surprised that most of the folks I was hoping to reconnect with were actually there. You might even meet some of them at upcoming MMPs. It was a fun, if surreal night. In preparation, I sat down and watched Grosse Point Blank Friday night.

That made it particularly bizarre when one of the first people I saw came up to me (who I could not remember by name or face) grew into the classic drunk character right out of the movie - they even looked similar. The only difference was that I didn't stick around long enough for the drunk to read me his poetry. If you haven't seen the movie, or don't recall it, I recommend a refresher. It still holds up well, with both John Cusack and Jeremy Piven are at the top of their form.

We're going to check out a family barbeque get together this afternoon - it will be interesting to see how folks hold up in the light of day...

No comments: